Thursday, April 26, 2012

Permanent highlights : brown hair??

i had my hair done, a couple months ago, blond highlights, but i had my hair bleached, now i went to my regular color which is dark brown, it been a couple of weeks, and my hair is beginning to show the blond, what should i do??? should i try that john frieda glaze thing?



Permanent highlights : brown hair??

dye it again



Permanent highlights : brown hair??

YOUR HAIR COLOR FADED . RIGHT NOW I WOULD LEAVE IT ALONE . IT GIVES YOU A SUBTLE HIGH LIGHT . IF YOU PUT A GLAZE ON IT , IT MAY ABSORB ONE OF THE COLORS IN THE FORMULA YOU DON'T WANT AND TURN YOUR LIGHT BROWN , GREENE ORANGE , PINK , OR BLUE . JUST LEAVE IT GROW OUT OR APPLY A SHAMPOO IN COLOR . THIS DOESN'T HAVE PEROXIDE IN IT .



Permanent highlights : brown hair??

Sounds like the Sun (or swimming pool) is doing what it does naturally -- bleach!!



Since you had highlights, the bleaching process removed the color from the bleached strands; I am assuming you didn't have a toner applied to hair after bleaching. This is totally to be expected.



If you used a 'permanent' color product to go dark brown that should slow down the 'wash out' period but not eliminate it. If you used a 'semi-permenant' product that would wash out after a few washings.



My g/f had similar problem but since she gets me to apply the product I bought another shade in same family to apply on the bleached streaks. The look turned out phenominal!! Of course it took extra time for me to protect her bleached strands (used a conditioner and isolated those strands) before applying the base colour. Then after that was processed I used foil to protect the new base color while I applied the complimentary color.



Because of the bleaching previous, the complimentary color took hold and it was as professional looking as one could expect. (No I'm a wanna-be hairdresser).



Then the key was maintaining with a shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair. Yes over time the original bleached strands faded she got a good 8 or 9 weeks before I had to re-do those strands.



Have fun!!



Permanent highlights : brown hair??

You could use some semi permanent brown on all your hair to refresh the color. it isn't as harsh to your hair, and since your hair color will be fading anyway, you should spare it from permanent color for a while. I would use the john frieda stuff after you re-dye it keep the color longer. Or if you want to make the highlights themselves darker (like a light brown or red or whatever) i would get someone to help you color the highlights with any type of hair dye, and use can get an applicator from sally's beauty supply. the blond will never go away until it grows out, or you can go to a salon and they can fix it by replacing the color, ( I've had friends do this and the blond usually comes back anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment