Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help! Any ideas on how to tone down the contrast between my black hair & red highlights?

I wanted highlights for my hair to add dimensions but I thought that it will look a little natural so I was shocked that they put red highlights on my black hair. So I am thinking to dye my whole hair to lessen the contrast. Some shade of brown maybe?



Is it a good idea? any suggestions for the hair color?



Tnx.



Help! Any ideas on how to tone down the contrast between my black hair %26amp; red highlights?

If the color seems a bit strong, don閳ユ獩 worry--it takes a week or so for the color to fully oxidize and tone down. Plus, you may not be used to the color just yet. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to get used to a change like that.



Did they add red?- or is this just your natural lift color the highlights created?



If they added red, red normally doesn't stick around long. It's one of the colors that washes out fairly quickly.



I just had my hair dyed dark red a week ago by a professional and it's almost gone.



Be very cautious about dyeing over new hightlights. I wouldn't even attempt it unless you're experienced with the color wheel and know what base color cools off red hues.



If you have a wig shop in your area, go and try some on. This will give you a great idea of how colors look on you before you change color again and perhaps don't like it.



You could always go back to the salon where you had the highlights done and tell them you don't like it and to change it.



Dyeing your hair is sometimes damaging, so ensure if you do dye it, it's something you can live with for a long time.



There are also free online virtual hairstylers. You can take a picture of yourself, upload it online and try different colors and styles on. I've listed a demo version website below.



Good luck and I hope this helps!



Help! Any ideas on how to tone down the contrast between my black hair %26amp; red highlights?

Dye your hair with the burgandy color, but not for the whole time required. It will tone down the black and deepen the red to create a more natural look. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment