Friday, April 27, 2012

Highlights for brunette hair?

I want to highlight my hair a golden brown or light brown.



I have medium brown hair and I want to do it at home because the salon is kind of pricey.



The dyes at the store though, always look orange on the box or hair sample and I definatly do not want orange highlights ha.



Any good brands you know would look nice and not turn orange on my hair?



I've never highlighted it/dyed it before either.



Highlights for brunette hair?

I am a licensed cosmetologist and it burns my butt to have to pay someone around $100 to highlight or lowlight my hair too. My suggestion is to go to Sally's. Their membership card is about $5 for the year. There you will have a much better selection and the things you can buy without a professional license are relatively easy to use. Also, you can talk to the people working there as they are licensed so you're not going into this completely blind. Wella is probably a good place to start.



As a licensed cosmetologist with medium to dark brown natural hair I would urge you to do a TEST STRAND BEFORE you highlight. My hair, without a lot of help, will only lift to a brassy orangy color. I also suggest starting with a 20 volume developer, if that doesn't give you the lift you need then try 30 volume. Go to 40 only if you must as it's rough on your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment