Thursday, April 26, 2012

How can I foil my hair (for highlights at home )?

First im gonna dye my hair brown, then i want to add highlights (look at my avatar) only a spiked up version. how do i foil my hair?and for how long./



How can I foil my hair (for highlights at home )?

Hiya,



Im a hair stylist and the other two people that just awnsered the question are not giving you the awnsers that you want are they.



Can i ask do you have short or long hair?



Looking at the details you given it sounds quite short. If you have short hair its best to use a highlighting cap, NOT FOILS! Foils are too messy they will spill to area which you dont want highlighted on short hair. America or UK. I know both America and the UK sell the Loreal Highlighting Kit (perfect Blonde). It comes complete with the bleech and a cap and hook. This way you hook the hair that you want to highlight through the holes, it gives a more neater look. If you want them thicker just pull thicker strands through.



If you would like to check out a review of that product i have one here. http://www.ciao.co.uk/L_Oreal_Perfect_Bl...



After putting in the brown hair dye, at least wait 2 days before lighting the hair. It might turn a dodgey colour if you do it strait after. The instructions should be included in the highlighting kit. However when lightening any hair you should always leave the bleach in for 30 minutes, never hessitate and take it off beofre that time, they will turn orange.



Good Luck, if you want any more help jusy post me an e-mail.



How can I foil my hair (for highlights at home )?

yep, thats fine, glad to help. I tried to add you but it says you dont allow peeps to add ? :D Report It



How can I foil my hair (for highlights at home )?

I would highly NOT recommend doing highlights yourself. Go to supercuts - they only charge 20-30 dollars for highlights.



How can I foil my hair (for highlights at home )?

Don't do it!... there is a reason hairdressers go to school for up to 4 years to learn this stuff. You are mixing chemicals to put on your hair and scalp, If you mix the wrong peroxide, or leave it in too long your hair could break off or turn to jelly, If you don't leave it long enough it will go orange (and that is NOT a good look) not to mention the reactions you could get on your skin.



In order to lighten tinted hair you need to use bleach, and I strongly recommend you get a professional to do it for you.



It's alot harder than you think.



Think of it this way, you wouldn't walk into a scientist's lab and start mixing chemicals you know nothing about would you? This is the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment