Friday, April 27, 2012

I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

All right. My hair is thick, african american hair, but it is relaxed and I just tie it back in a pony-tail. I was wondering if I would even be able to get BLONDE highlights/streaks. I'm pretty sure red will show, but I'm not sure about blonde. And is it permanent? If I don't like it, what are my options? And how would you go about doing it? I think I would bleach my hair, but maybe there's some method that's not as efficient but could serve as a test run to see if I want to bleach and highlight my hair. I just would like to know if blonde highlights show up on black hair and what are my options.



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

Of course they'll show up. The contrast between black and blonde will be dramatic. No one will be able to miss it.



You will definitely need to bleach. It's the only way to get black hair light enough (even high-lift dyes cannot lift the hair this many levels). Don't stop until your hair has reached a pure yellow shade, unless you want your streaks to be orange. Then apply a violet toner to cancel out the yellow, and voila! You have blonde streaks. If your hair is still in the gold stages after you're done bleaching, you may need to apply a blue toner instead.



You may need to bleach more than once to get your hair light enough, depending on how quickly your hair lightens. Do not leave a single application of bleach in your hair for longer than the time stated on the box, unless you want your hair to get fried.



I'd like to add that since your hair is relaxed, you are risking considerable damage by performing another harsh chemical treatment on it such as bleaching. Proceed at your own risk. African hair is brittle by nature and should be treated kindly. For example, my friend Martine, who is Afro-Caribbean, bleached her relaxed hair - only to an orange-gold shade - and over the next few weeks her chin-length hair broke off strand by strand, leaving her with three inches of destroyed hair which stuck straight out like a Treasure Troll. Keep that in mind before you make your decision.



As a side note, to make her feel better, I took her to the flea market and we both got plaited extensions together. Ahh, memories...



Anyway, good luck!



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

Yes, blonde highlights will show up on your hair. I bet your hair will look great with the highlights! Good luck!



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

most likely if you are African American, then you have dark brown to black hair. the only way to go lighter is to bleach it, and there isnt really any other methods to get it lighter. The color will go from red to Orange to blonde depending on how long you leave it on.



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

it WILL show n it WILL look bad



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

Any dark to light transition requires some form of bleaching . . . period. There is NO adding blonde to brunette or black, it is a color removal process so bleaching. Once the color is removed, it stays gone except as the hair grows back, the portion below the hair line at the time it is bleached.



You can start with gentle bleaches until you are comfortable with the look.



I have seen multiple afros that were lightened as light as marilyn monroe and some then done red as apples.



Anything is possible.



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

you can try the lightest shade of blonde and use 40 vol of developer it will turn (not white blonde) but a peanut butter color that is pretty on my peoples. then you can always had a semi or rinse to change the color to another. this way you wont have to bleach. I did this on my friend.



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

Bleach will work , but it is harsh for your hair.



And if u don't like it, u can always go darker no problem.



Try some wash out temporary highlights, they come in a mascara kind of packaging or spray.



Costume stores, Halloween stuff..



http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/par...



http://www.folica.com/Jerome_Russell__d1...



I have male african-american hair, but I'm thinking of blonde highlights, will it even show up?

Yes, it should show up but if I was you, I wouldnt do it. I think it looks bad when even white guys with brownish hair get highlights. Having dark hair and dark skin would make it look even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment