Monday, April 23, 2012

Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

I used to have very blond hair but over the years it has just got darker and darker and so I'd like to add a few blond highlights. I don't want to get it done professionally because of the contineous cost. My friends have tried a few different brands but agree'Nice %26amp; Easy' worked best for them.



I hear that dying your hair, especially at home ruins your hair a lot and effects it permenantly..... is this true? But when the hair grows, doesn't the 'fresh' hair grow back healthy and the same as before?



What do you suggest? I can't go pro ( cost ) but CERTAINLY don't want to ruin my hair!!



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

you wont be able to go light with an organic colour. going light always involves using preoxide, form 8% - 40%.



continuing to lighten your hair will defo damage it in the long run. how about trying to highlight it? you can get away with longer spells inbetween applications as the colour is not block and wont look as obvious. i went as long as 6 months between getting my roots done!!



also, only get a partial head of highlights done, such as top and sides. it gives the illusion of a full head of beautiful light hair, but you'll geive you hair a chance to recover.



if you can get away with leaving it longer between colours, say 3-4 months, could you afford to got to hairdressers? it'll cost around 鎷?0 for the cut and colour....



your hair will last longer of you continue to colour, if you get your hair trimmed regulaly....



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

any dying of your hair is bad but like you said when your new hair grows through its fresh,ive dyed mine so many times and its not that bad in quite good condition really,bleach is bad though!



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

Dying your hair strips it of moisture. But, it won't "permanently damage" your hair if you get decent conditioner.



Typically, the conditioner that comes with the hair dye is really good stuff. Leave it on for 2 minutes and wash it out after you've washed the dye out.. then use it every other day after that.



It keeps your hair moisturized and undamaged.



I have dyed my hair more times than I can count (I can show you a million photos with like over 100 different shades of hair, no lie) and I've bleached it at least 50 times in my life. I get bored with my hair color. I've been dying my hair for 12 years... But you know what? My hair's not damaged... far from it! Because I take good care of it. I buy good products - that's the key.



Don't be afraid to dye your hair! :)



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

i dyed my hair on my own using a loreal kit that put some highlights in it and it was great they didnt grow out to quicky and the packet was good qualtity an not to expensive .it didnt ruin my hair and the roots wernt at all obviious i think continuous dying of the whole head ruins the hair.



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

keep doing that and when you're 40 your hair will look 80



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

Dying your hair at home is okay, I dyed mine at home and my hair is still soft. If you are concerned though you could try henna, it's natural and it works. Good luck!



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

I would say shop around for a hairdresser to do your highlights. If you were doing any other colour at home, then it's usually fine. Start playing with bleach and highlights and you're asking for trouble.



Firstly not all highlighting kits brought in the shop are that good (or strong for that matter) as you have to take into account the colour of you natural hair so you are more than likely unable to get the blondness you want. Also, you have to watch out for the pigments in your natural hair colouring as this will have an effect on the colour of the high-lites - and I'm sure you don't want to be left with green shades or brassy types of blonde.



If you go to a stylist, they can recommend more varieties in terms of shades of blonde that will not only suite your skin, but will inhance your own hair colour too, and not only that, they can even incorporate 2 or even 3 shades of highlights in one go at no extra cost. Plus you get a nice decent cut %26amp; blow dry afterwards.



I found personally the only time it gets costly for colouring like this is the longer the hair as they use more product and it takes more time hence the cost of having hi-lights/ low-lites done in a salon.



Shop around and get quotes from local salons around your area. It's better than having to pay out in the long run for a -re-fix of a bodge job you've done yourself!



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

Hi, anytype of hair dye is bad for your hair even the one they use at the hairdressers. There all the same. As long as when you dye your hair yoou keep it in good condition, deep conditioning it with a hair mask and using heat protection spray and a leave in conditioner then your hair shouldnt suffer as much.



Nice and Easy isnt for highlighting you hair I recommend Jerome Russels Bblonde, but then you have the problem of redoing your roots when your hair shows through which can be a problem as it was for me. But I woould only recommed Nice and Easy if you are going to go all one colour, these dyes go on quite dark no matter how light your hair is,



So I recmmend Garnier Nutiresse, they light brown colours are nice and they last ages. And these tend to ccondition the hair as well as dyeing it..



Sometimes if you dye your hair and dont look after it with conditioners it can ruin the hair and it wont grow back. This was happening to me as I was dying my hair nearly every 2 weeks and my hair was weak and snapping off and wouldnt grow. I stopped dying it for a few months and once my hair had started growing again then the hair at the root was healthy, I now have long hair which I ve always wanted.



The best thing to do is notndye it at all, If your hair is a dark Blonde like mine, Timotei blonde highlights is brilliant, and anything with camomile in is brilliant. You dont have to have highlights to use any product for blonde highlighted-light brown hair. This way your hair is in top condition and I suggest to you if you want to get highlights then go to the hairdressers save up the money, because I havent had problems my self the fist time I highlighted my hair but my mate have and now they dont like the colour there hair is.



So leave it as it is and use the shampoos for your hair type and love the hair you have. Ive learnt from experiance and would wish it on anyone.



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

i would leave hair dye alone forever if i were you.



Does dying your hair ( adding highlights ) ruin your hair??????!!?

I've dyed my hair lots at home (I recommend Garnier Multi-lights kit) and it's in great condition. However, it was quite greasy to start with so if you have dry hair it could dry it too much and lead to damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment