Monday, April 23, 2012

Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

I want to dye my hair a darker color. Currently, I have light brown hair with natural blonde highlights. My mom loves my natural highlights, but people have always told me I should dye my hair one color. I think that looks prettier anyways. If I dye my hair a couple shades darker, will I have roots? How often do I have to dye my hair to keep it from getting gross and having roots? Will my highlights be the same color as the rest of my hair or still a little lighter? Thanks, never dyed before.



Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

If I were you I would leave it alone. If you really want darker hair I would suggest getting lowlights instead. That just means you put darker streaks in instead of lighter ones. There will be roots, you will have to dye it every 2 to 3 months to keep up on it, and it will be impossible to get it back without growing it out. As far as you natural highlights are concerned they may end up darker than the rest of your hair. Mine did because it picks up the dye more. Dying it all a the same color makes it look dull.



Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

Use a semi-permanent dye like Clairol Natural Instincts. The highlights won't be as dark as the rest of your hair, but you can safely go one to two shades darker. You won't get roots because the color will gradually fade out. If you use permanent color it will alter the natural color of your hair even if you are coloring it a darker shade.



Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

Yes you will have a line of regrowth, going darker is harder to get out if you dont like it. So I wouldnt go really dark if I were you. You will also loose your natural hilights, so maybe just use a semipermanent or temporary color first. good luck



Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

i think natural highlights are beautiful. keep in mind, that no matter what you dye it there will always be roots that you'll probably have to update every other month. before you dye it, try using one of the loreal temporary washes to see how you like it. if you don't mind keeping up with your hair, i think light brown hight lights and dark brown lowlights look gorgeous. you are a luck one with in between shades though. you could go darker or lighter without it flushing out your skin tone.



Dying Hair? Natural Highlights?

I think it's okay to dye your hair a darker color, although having it "all one color" can look really flat and artificial. If you have highlights in your hair now, you will likely have lighter pieces after you color your hair. You might want to try a temporary color that washes out after 8-12 shampoos. They actually seem to damage the hair less and you get to try out a new color within a few shades of your natural color. Oh...you will have roots, but it will be way less obvious with the temp color as it fades over time. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment